Keepin It Real

Thursday, August 11, 2011

It's been one of those weeks, folks. The kind that starts out all revved up and full of promise, but seems to start sagging in the middle, and by the end.....well, I seem to be in a state of melancholy. Not depressed or bummed per se, but just- stuck. Like I've made to do list after to do list, and I seem to just stare at them and the time slips away and all of a sudden it's 9:45 pm and I realize I didn't get anything substantial done at all and I can't quite recall what I even did today. I'm just in a pool of tapioca, floating along. Not happy or sad. Just floating. Ugh.

When I get like this I spend a lot of time on my computer doing what seems to be "wasting time" as Braden so lovingly puts it, but in reality I am gathering inspiration and wise words to help me out of my stagnation. While hunting & gathering I came across this post from Second Sister Suaviloquy:




Her honest and a teeny bit scared declaration made me feel so much better that there are people out there just like me who are tenacious and brave until it gets right down to the thick of things and then there is an "Oh Shit What Have I Gotten Myself Into" moment where we just take a deep breath and pray that everything turns out as fabulous as it in our heads and plunge forward with a desperate ferocity.

A little reassurance from a real life stranger but internet soul mate sure goes a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment