Happy New Year!

Friday, January 1, 2010

And welcome to my new blog! It feels so good to start fresh for the new year and new decade! It was a crazy busy end to 2009 with Christmas & my sister Ashly's wedding on New Years Eve, but we had a blast and everything was wonderful. I'll be posting some pictures later this week of the wedding for those of you that couldn't make it.


There are a lot of exciting things coming up for this next year, but first things first. I have decided to stop procrastinating and FINALLY start a dang scrapbook for my kids before its too late and I get too overwhelmed to try one. I know I said I was going to do one for Christmas, but I wimped out and never got on the ball. So, I have made it one of my New Years Resolutions to make one for this year. It will be really exciting because our family will be completed once Evelyn & Georgia arrive so it's kind of like starting with a clean slate. I've looked and looked for ideas on how I want my scrapbook to be, and I've decided on a 365 scrapbook. If any of you don't know what that is, basically it's organized chronologically throughout the whole year. There are all kinds of digital kits from Two Peas and a new site I found, Jen Wilsons Designs ,that have options to make your scrapbook look cohesive and professional without even trying.





I really like Jen Wilsons Project 52 designs, especially since they are those wonderful $1 files, but I wanted to tweak them a little bit to fit my style more, so I came up with some of my own templates based off Project 52.

I used Hof3'a Inked Edges Digital Kit & Ginga Font from dafont.com

These pre-made layouts are so awesome because you just plug in your pictures and you can be done! Hooray! I will add some journaling and some fun accents to it to spice it up but it's pretty easy peasy lemon squeezy. I think that I can commit to doing one of these a week to complete an entire album for the year. I'll make sure I post the layouts before and after they are finished so you can get some ideas for your own 365 album for 2010. You can definitely do one at home using your own style, but if you don't have the time or the software to do your own scrapbook, send me an email to rosemaryw@me.com and I can do one for you!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy to be in Love with Rosemary Watson for 2010. :)

    7 days until we're up the street neighbors and the debauchery begins.

    XO!!

    ReplyDelete