Saying Goodbye to Summer

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

It's the last day of August and I am sooooooo ready for Fall to be here! Even though it's a zillion degrees here in the AZ, I'm going to pretend it's not and start decorating, dressing, and cooking for fall STAT.

I'm loving the schoolhouse theme right now since we're doing homeschool preschool with the kids and of course Pottery Barn Kids has awesome ideas to snatch (as always). I need to make these colored pencil wall art pieces this week-so easy & cheap! And that globe! Here's one I found on Ebay-only $8! That is some cheap decor!

As far as outfits go equestrian chic, deep plums, sequins, and statement necklaces are all calling my name. Also, I cannot WAIT to try out the new tights with shorts trend. Such a nice transition for the hot fall days and cooler nights here.


photos via Anthropologie's September catalog

Aren't you wanting to cook some fall infused recipes? Like pumpkin swirl brownies? AAAAhhh!

photo & recipe via Smitten Kitchen
or Beer Braised Beef with Onions from P Dubs

Or Gingerbread Apple Upside Down Cake from Smitten Kitchen (again. I'm obsessed)

photo via Smitten Kitchen

Now I'm off to dream of more fun fall things to make, do, wear, and eat. What are the things you are most excited for about Fall?

1 comment:

  1. I am with you - I've decided that for September I will live in denial and pretend it is already fall. I've started to think about fall decor and projects. It's very exciting!

    ReplyDelete