Fun Fall Recipes

Monday, October 25, 2010

Arizona stresses me out. Everywhere else it's chilly and leaves are falling, and here it's now outdoor season with sunshine and temperatures finally in the 70-80s range. It's lovely, don't get me wrong, but the weather still begs for all those summer recipes of lemonade, fresh tomatoes, and watermelon. Sadly, those foods are no longer in season, but the transition into autumn friendly foods is a hard one with days still being too hot. But, since this week is Halloween week-it's officially time to start with the soups, chili, and other inside-warming meals. Thank goodness, it might actually get into the 60's this week. Brrrrrr.


Apple & Cheddar scones via Smitten Kitchen


Pumpkin Turkey Chili via Serious Eats. This sounds weird, I know-but it doesn't taste pumpkin-y. This is what I will be serving at our Pumpkin Party on Thursday


Apple Cake via Anne Strawberry. This girl is a doll, and her recipes are delicious. This apple cake would be a great little fall neighbor gift. Hmmmm, I might have to get on that for Thanksgiving.....


And I've never tried squash soup, but it seems to be a fall staple, so we're going to try Martha's recipe. It has to be good, if it looks as cute as this.

Let's all try these out and report back to me! I'm doing the soup tonight, I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the information in your blog posted great to share.

    Regarding.
    Chicken Recipes

    ReplyDelete