Let's make some Pies Together!

Thursday, November 18, 2010





I snagged this idea from the brilliant Jaimee Rose. I figured even if you are not hosting Thanksgiving this year, everyone needs to bring a dessert so why not come together a bake all our holiday pies together?

Here's how it works:

I will have 4 different recipes for Thanksgiving pies printed out so you can take them home and use them for forever
1) Brown Sugar Pumpkin Pie
2) Autumn Apple Pie
3) Kentucky Derby Pie (chocolate & pecans)
4) and a Pumpkin Cheesecake

You pick whichever pie you want to make (or you can pick as many as you want-make all 4 if you're up to it!) and you bring the following ingredients for each pie:
1) Brown Sugar Pumpkin Pie- one 15oz can of pumpkin puree & one pint of heavy whipping cream

2) Autumn Apple Pie- 3 medium Granny Smith apples and 4 large Macintosh apples (if you can't find Macs, just go all Grannys)

3) Kentucky Derby Pie- 2 cups of pecan halves, a bottle of corn syrup, & a bag of milk chocolate chips

4) Pumpkin Cheesecake- one 15 oz cans of pumpkin, three 8 oz. packages of cream cheese room temperature, & small container of sour cream

In addition to your ingredients, please bring pie pans, a stick of butter, & a mixing bowl! I will supply everything else you will need & we'll of course have drinks & snacks.

Please RSVP to me by Monday, November 22nd so I can make sure I have enough of the other ingredients on Tuesday! This will be so much fun I can't wait! Just leave a comment here or text me at (480) 316-0098 and let me know if you'll be here to bake your heart out!

No comments:

Post a Comment