Sewing on my mind

Thursday, November 11, 2010

As the weather here in AZ finally turns cooler, I realize my kids have zero warm clothes that fit them. I went to Target the other day and scored some sweet deals, like these




Although I love shopping, I really really want to sew my kids a new wardrobe.

Anna Maria Horner's book Handmade Beginnings has 24 patterns for mommas & babies. I think the hoodie looks divine, and could be made for all 5 of the kids. And her new fabric line Innocent Crush is delicious.

I want that girl's dress. Hopefully the pattern will make it's way to her shop, but for now I want to make all the other fabulous frocks she made patterns for like these:





Oh, but I'm getting sidetracked. I found this sweet pattern for baby jammies on Magpie patterns. Even sweeter, it is $5 and its a pdf download.

Also from Magpie, the Emily tunic. Love.



Oooh, and this fabulous coat from Oliver & S? I want to make a big size for me! I think each of my kids need their own color. And maybe the girls need ruffles. Or appliques! Appliques like this

And I can't forget Portobello Pixie patterns. I think these ruffle pants would look so cute on Olivia & Penelope.


I have sewing fever, I'll share more tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You are giving me sewing fever as well. I helped my neighbor make an Alice in Wonderland costume for her 5 year old daughter who has long, very blond hair. ADORABLE. It made me want to make something for Kya. Love ya. wish we were neighbors!

    ReplyDelete