Inspiration to Creation: Project 1

Tuesday, March 22, 2011


inspired by



As most of you may know, I spend A LOT of time on the internet. My Pinterest alone is evidence of that. All day long I look at other people's blogs, websites, Etsy shops, Pinterests, and hoard hundreds of brilliant ideas. However, this is only good if I actually utilize these good ideas. So, I've vowed to actually create something from my Pinboards at least once a week to prove to myself (and my husband) that I am not in fact, wasting my life away on my laptop. I am actually performing research for all kinds of projects. Productive projects that will benefit all. Hoorah! For justification!

I'm very pleased to show you my first Inspiration to Creation Project!


My Inspiration was this beautiful Kate Spade shirt from my Style Pinboard. I've been wanting a top like this for a while, and after much deliberation, I decided it was the perfect start off project!

My shirt isn't exactly like it-it is not as long as I'd like and it's a tad tight around the boobs, and a tad circus tent-ish on bottom, but all in all- I'm pretty happy with it. At least now I know what to change around for the next one. And believe me, I'd like one of these in every color. I'm glad I went with the $7/yard stretch taffeta instead of the $24/yd silk that I was thinking about using. Maybe once my design is reworked to perfection, I'll splurge on the silk. But for now, this shirt works for me.

2 comments:

  1. I can so relate to this post. Sometimes I feel like we are a lot a like. Twins, too many ideas for our own good, green pianos (wait, mine's not green...I just want one). But then I remember that you sew (well done) among a billion other things you do so well and you are like 85% more ambitious than I. I might copy your Inspiration to Creation plan...

    Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny...I spend way to much time on pinterest. Actually I found your blog from there as I was coming over to see where you got the "create" badge. Got a laugh out of your post while here! will keep an eye on your project...maybe post it to pinterest!

    ReplyDelete