Goals For This Holiday Season

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I swear every dang year the holidays just breeze right by me and I feel like I was so busy just trying to make it through, that I forget to enjoy the little moments. I am so tired of being so tired during the holidays. I should be happy and festive and fun, but I never fail to wake up one morning and it is January 2nd. Sigh. How can I fix this? Any suggestions?

I see a lot of other amazing, fabulous bloggers doing wonderful, fun filled things through the holidays and I admit I get pea green with envy. So, instead of turning a bright shade of chartreuse I guess I better jump on the bandwagons!

First up is Lady Rhonna and her fabulous 21 day Challenges. I did one of these bad boys the second time she set one up and it was awesome. I can't even remember what my habit was that I did, but this time around I am committing to devoting more time to my children. I get way too busy with all the "work" that needs to be done, that most days I don't single out my kids for attention. For the next 21 days, I am going to make a habit of spending more devoted time with my kids. Not while emailing or pinning, or blogging, or texting; just focused on them. While I do love me some multi-tasking, I do need to learn when to be totally present. It's going to be hard, but it will make such a difference, I can already tell. We read a Dr. Suess classic, The Sneetches last night and the kids couldn't get enough.



Next is this December Daily business I just discovered on Team Tuesday! Jaime has a fantastic journal already set up, and today I will be working on my DD journal to get all ready for Christmas. I really want to keep up with this, it's SUCH a great idea.














What does everyone else have up their sleeves to make this holiday the best one yet? Any new traditions you are starting?

1 comment:

  1. This is something I am really trying harder to do too. It's kind of sad some days that I am with my kids a lot, but how much time do I actually spend WITH them? This article really got me thinking about kids' needs for positive attention: http://www.cafemom.com/group/advice/forums/read/15271390/Thank_you_and_one_more_thing_from_Amy_McCready

    ~Marily

    ReplyDelete