On The Seventh Day of Christmas

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Better late than never, right? I fell off the blogging wagon Tuesday trying to get these dang skirts done! They are so easy, but a little time consuming and any time around the holidays is non-existent in my opinion. So, without further ado........


I have made this wonderful pattern from Grand Revival before, and I saw christmas twirly skirts at some boutiques this fall with tulle in them and I knew I had to make them for the twinsies.

Evelyn was my reluctant model this morning- she loves pretties in her hair and twirlies on her hips, but she DOES NOT like Momma taking pictures of her. Especially when she just wants to play in the mud by the chickens : /

Anywhoo the skirts are super simple, just follow the Grand Revival directions and then grab a spool of 5 or 6" wide tulle, sew a straight line the middle of a few yards of it and gather. Once you have a strand of gathered tulle, just fold hot dog style with the seam on the top and pin between the layers before you sew them together. Instead of hemming the bottoms of the ruffles, I cut them with pinking shears- makes it cute and shabby. And since I had a plethora of scraps laying around, I made the strips patchwork instead of a solid fabric. More time consuming, but really fun and "free". Don't you love that? Cuter and cheaper is worth extra effort I always say!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my darling!! I am so wishing I had the energy (and supplies) to whip this up for Nora!!

    ReplyDelete