Tutorial Tuesday (and Freebies!)-Different Projects using Digital Kits

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I get a lot of questions about Digital Scrapbooking. What is it? What do you do with it? It's kind of ridiculous, but I've actually never made a scrapbook out of any digital kits. What I mainly use digital scrapbooking kits for is Home Decor. I have a really whimsical style, and using digital kits and paper crafts is a cheap, easy, and fun way to change out the decorations of my house and give everything a facelift.



Like I mentioned yesterday, after watching last week's webshow I got really revved up and made a ton of stuff they talked about using the Remarkable Digital Kit. I made myself a planner with To Do Lists, Menus & Shopping Lists, and some Mantras & goal pages to keep myself on track. But what I really needed was a schedule with the hours & half hours of the day mapped out, however that was not in the digital kit. So, I got to work in Photoshop and made my own. Since you can't find it in the kit, I figured I can share it here for you to use!

To make it I used the Remarkable Kit brushes & the numbers from the Fall Junque Kit

I printed out some cover pages (both re-designed by me & included in the Remarkable Kit) on Manila Folders for sturdiness and glued them to some leftover chipboard from yesterday's project. *Remember-use cereal boxes! then printed out all my pages to my planner on plain white copy paper and tied with some Divine Twine. I. am. in. love. So handy & oh so cute to carry around.



Then I got to work on some other fun projects for my house, like some banners and more signs to decorate the shelf over my piano. I used the Remarkable Circle Printable Sheet (which was free on Wednesday's webshow, but now only $0.99!) and punched out the designs with my scallop circle punch, hot glued them to more Divine Twine and hung it on my mantel shelf. I wanted another banner up there, so I created one using the same colors & elements from the Remarkable Kit. Again, since it's not available in the kit, I wanted to share it with you here. Just print out, cut into strips, fold in half & cut notches for the little flag shapes. Then hot glue onto Divine Twine and string up!



I had an extra frame leftover, so I printed up one of the Spark Quotes in an 8 x 10 and glued it into the frame.


I resolved to do a family album that can also double as decor for my piano. I used more of the Remarkable Kit & Circle Printables, Divine Twine, & added a crepe ruffle & rhinestones to the cover. I plan to add pages to the album each week- let's hope I can keep that up this time!



Now I have a decorated section of my house that makes me smile every time I walk by

1 comment:

  1. Oh Rosemary it looks so cute! I love the little flags you made.

    ReplyDelete