A New Tradtion: Back To School Feast

Monday, August 1, 2011


Today was Olivia's Big Day- First Day of Kindergarten! To celebrate we've started a tradition inspired by the beloved Stephanie Nielsen of having a delicious Back To School Feast the night before school. We invited Grandma & Grandpa and our lovely bestest friends Isabel & Diego. I made the two school girls a collection of Maroon & Gold Hairbows to sass up their Maroon, Gold, & Khaki (blegh) school uniforms they have to wear at ASU prep. We decorated the house for her guests to arrive using the Hello! Holidays Back To School Project Kit I designed for hello there! house.











For dinner we made Rosemary & Thyme Garlic Salmon, Italian Shrimp, Grilled French Bread, & Roasted Veggie Orzo.






And for dessert, we had Mud Cake Magnifique with Strawberries on top. To Die For.



This was such a fun tradition that I know we will carry on for years to come. Try it with your kids this year- you'll be glad you did!

1 comment:

  1. What a GREAT idea! I think this is something I will have to take on someday in the future when I have kids.

    Thanks for the recipes!

    ReplyDelete