Team Tuesday: Harvest Wreath made at hello there! house

Tuesday, October 11, 2011




Now that hello there! house has finally finished up it's first event, I can share this fun project I've been hoarding using Rhonna Designs Grateful Glam Flags & Tags Kit!




This Harvest Wreath was made with the budget crafter in mind. I came across this little gem on Pinterest:







That sent me on over to Home Depot to clean out their plumbing foam piping to cut in half, tape, and VOILA! you have 2 foam wreaths for $0.97!



I wanted a more simple and streamlined wreath, so I simply cut strips of burlap about 3" wide and wrapped them around the wreath, hot gluing as I wrapped underneath to secure. I bought the burlap at Joanne's last November- one whole bolt of 10 yards for $25. I have finally gone through it all and went to get another bolt, but they didn't have them anymore. I'm hoping they get the bolts back in stock for Thanksgiving- until then, their burlap that you cut off the bolt is $3.99/yard but you can usually use a 40% coupon {get the Joanne's app for your phone- never have to carry in coupons again!} and get a lot for a great deal. You would only need about a half yard for one wreath, however this is our Hello! Holidays: Thanksgiving project for hello there! house, so I made up 50 kits. 



I then grabbed a white bedsheet I got at Goodwill for $1, and ripped 3 strips across the width of the fabric to hot glue into rosettes. The technique for the rosettes is the same as I shared on Jaimee's blog last year, but you hot glue the rosette onto felt as you go along {shown on Rhonna Farrer's video tutorial here}



I wanted to another simple detail to the wreath, so I printed off a page from Rhonna Designs Grateful Glam Flags & Tags kit, cut out the mini buntings and hot glued them to a piece of brown Divine Twine, then cut out a banner element and hot glued it onto my rosettes. 


To finish it all off I cut a piece of 1.5" satin ribbon I bought at SAS fabric in Tempe {$5 for a bolt of 50 yards} and there you have it. An extremely inexpensive, utterly lovely Harvest wreath that can be used all throughout Autumn. Add some white pumpkins to your doorstep, and you have a chic doorscape (did I just invent that word?) to welcome your guests. 

Visit Rhonna's Blog to see everyone else's Team Tuesday entries!

No comments:

Post a Comment