On The Third Day of Christmas

Friday, December 16, 2011

My true love gave to me ........




I saw these adorable ornaments on Miss Mustard Seed a few weeks ago and knew that they would be perfect for my tree





They are little mini Chalkboard ornaments with glittered edges! How perfect, right? So, I moseyed on over to Michaels and grabbed some cute little wooden plaques for only $0.59 a piece!



I had this fabulous Vintage Gold Paint from Martha Stewart I bought at Home Depot {I think it was around $7} and at Michaels I grabbed some matching glitter {hers is hands down the best glitter on the market} and headed home with my treasures.

I had some extra Chalkboard paint on hand, but if you want to order some great stuff, you can order Annie Sloan's chalkpaint from 'Round the Coop in Graphite . With 3 coats, it acts like a chalkboard!





The best thing about these is that they are the EASIEST and FASTEST. You simply:

1//  Spray or brush on the chalkboard paint on the front of the ornament. 

2//  Once the chalkboard paint is dry, take a small brush and apply the gold paint on the edges of the plaque {don't worry your little head about it being perfect}. 

3// After your first coat of paint is dry apply another thin coat of gold paint and shake glitter on while still wet. 

4// Once the glitter/paint is dry, just staple some twine or ribbon to the back of the ornament- then you can either leave the chalkboard blank or write whatever you want on the front!






I made one for each of my kids and wrote their names in chalk. I thought it needed to stand out a little more so I went over my chalk outline with white paint. I really really love them- I want to make some for Braden & I as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment