Foto Friday: Week 18

Friday, January 6, 2012



I've been delving into my new gardening obsession, and planted some seeds for the very first time into my raised beds. I started out slow with putting in lettuce transplants, which are doing phenomenal by the way, but I've been so nervous trying to grow something from a seed. Kelly sent me some seed packets and I put some seeds into the ground. As I walked out to my garden at the beginning of this week, what did I see? Little sproutlets peeking out of the soil, and my heart leapt! New life!


I don't have a macro lens, so this is as good of a shot I as could get, but I'm so thrilled about this major acheivement! Pretty soon, these will be Endive greens that we will gobble up. We've had a fabulous crop of lettuce from those transplants that we got out and pick from everyday to create the BEST salads I have ever had.



Now bounce over to the other ladies of Foto Friday's blogs to see their Beginnings posts

No comments:

Post a Comment