Foto Friday: Week 25

Friday, February 24, 2012


It's this guy's birthday today:


And I'm glad inform everyone that the bad part of a fight is over, and the good part of a fight {the making up part} in in full force. I must admit, as much as I hate feeling like garbage, nothing breathes new life into a relationship like working through a problem together. I was mulling over that fact in my head the other day, and I realized that I want the freshness in our relationship to last longer than the just the days after a problem. I want this good part to continue on. I don't want to slip back into our normal routine, and feel like we don't appreciate one another enough. So, I came up with a plan to keep this "make-up" going.  A "relationship treasure hunt" if you will. Cheesy? Yes. Fun? Yes. Will it work? We'll see; and if you'd like to try it and see if it adds more excitement and newness into your relationship, then it's a win-win!

I made us a Spice Jar.


Ours is just a mason jar painted copper, but you could use any container you want. I came up with a bunch of things for us to do together {I came up with 66 things}, printed them out on two slips of paper each so we each can pick one of things throughout the year, then folded the papers and stuck them in our jar. We each pick one out every Friday and have the whole week to do what it says on the paper.

You can either come up with them together or by yourself and surprise your man. I would share my list, but some of them get a little steamy and I wouldn't want my family members who read my blog to get throughly grossed out, so I'll just share a few:

In addition to the jar, we're going to keep a Spice Journal to put photos of our experiences, put in our love notes to each other, etc. I think it's going to be so exciting and push us to put effort into our relationship on a weekly basis.

Feel free to try this experiment out and let me know how it goes! In the meantime, here is the rest of the Foto Friday entries:


1 comment:

  1. I love it! Just make sure that your "steamy" suggestions don't end up in the journal. You don't want to frighten your posterity either ;) Ha! I think I will copy you once my husband isn't MIA. Great plan!

    ReplyDelete