More Garden Work

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Sunday was Gardening Day again over at my parents' house. We grabbed a couple of bags of compost on Saturday from Singh Farms, then my mom dragged them home and dumped them in our newest bed since now that I'm pregnant she won't let me lift anything. Those things are like 100 pounds, so I guess that's understandable. Anyway, we started on Box 3, which is our designated "cucumbers box"
This box is much smaller than the other boxes, so getting it all staked and strung in rows went by super fast {which is nice since I have to do it crouched}. We got the dill and the kale in the ground, but have to take a trip to the nursery for the rest. Also, I really want to build little teepee trellises for the cucumbers to climb on- I've found a couple really good ideas on Pinterest. 


No comments:

Post a Comment